Services We Provide
The practice offers many clinics. A few of them are listed below:
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Cervical Smears
- Travel Advice
- NHS Health Checks — Including blood pressure checks, cholesterol check, dietary and weight loss advice
- Baby Immunisations
- Chlamydia Screening
- Minor Surgery
- Coil Fitting
- Contraception Reviews (NURSE APPOINTMENT)
- Coil Checks (NURSE APPOINTMENT)
- Implant Fitting
The district nurses can be contacted on their own line 0300 003 0899
We have two midwives who share the antenatal care, conduct the antenatal classes and are available for advice via the surgery. Some ladies are referred for shared care with Hospital Clinics.
The health visiting team can be contacted directly on 01329 835303.
Our health visiting team are involved in supporting families with children under the age of five. They run baby clinics which are held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Bishops Waltham Jubilee Hall from 9.30am - 11am and alternate Tuesdays at Farham Methodist Church from 1.15pm-3.15pm, for more details contact 01489 554930.
We also have the following services available at the surgery following a referral from your GP:
WAXAXE Micro-Suction Wax Removal
- Safest and fastest of ear wax removal
- Performed by qualified Audiologist; fully trained and certifie
- Video examination - see before and after picture
- Saturdays from 18th May at Wickham Surgery.
Frequently asked questions
- Do I need to use eardrops?
Recommended use is 3-5 days of olive oil, 2-3 times a day before the procedure. Olive oil is preferred to other products like otex or bicarbonate of soda.
- What if I have a perforated ear drum?
Micro-suction is the only safe method of was removal for people who have perforated ear drums, had operations on their ears or recent infections.
- How does it work?
Quick and painless, the wax and debris is gently suctioned out of the ear/
- How much does it cost?
£40 per ear
Jaine Walker RHAD